A fresh approach to Ultrasound Physics
A new textbook for medical and allied health practitioners.
- Written by one of Australia’s leading lecturers on Ultrasound Physics and Technology.
- Tailored to the needs of university and professional ultrasound courses.
- Adopted as the prescribed or recommended text for most university sonography courses in Australia, and for the DDU, CCPU and DMU diplomas of ASUM and the Fellowship training program of the RANZCR.
- Available in both printed (softcover) and e-book (ePub and iBooks) formats.
- 150 pages, profusely illustrated with over 350 images and diagrams and 90 learning and review activities.
- Please use the links above to get more information.
- If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact form.
NEW! Companion e-learning website launched
A new website has been launched as a companion to this book. The website - Sonophys eLearning - will provide a series of online courses to help practitioners to master ultrasound physics and technology. The first two courses have been released and they are available for enrolment.
“Mathematics for Ultrasound Physics”
This is a preparatory course covering those aspects of mathematics that are needed in the study of ultrasound physics. It is particularly recommended for those who do not have a strong background in mathematics and science.
The course contains presentations, practical demonstrations, short quizzes and a final quiz. Also provided are optional exercises with answers and a set of comprehensive notes. Students who achieve a passing grade receive a formal certificate of achievement.
“The Whiteboard Collection”
A FREE resource for readers of the book “The Physics and Technology of Diagnostic Ultrasound: A Practitioner’s Guide”.
This course uses video whiteboard demonstrations with voice-over narration to present the solutions to all the exercises in the book which require calculation.
More to come
Two more courses are under development: a short course entitled “Introduction to Ultrasound Physics” and a full-length course “The Physics and Technology of Ultrasound”. Please use the Sonophys eLearning contact form to register your interest if you would like to receive updates on these courses.